Pokey Practice Acupuncture Disclosure Statement
Disclosure Pokey Practice Acupuncture Staff Acupuncturist
- Amanda Selvarajah earned her Masters degree in Classical Five Element Acupuncture.
- This intensive three year program consisted of nearly 2,400 hours of education including, 150 hours of clinical observation and 825 hours of practice.
- She was certified as a Diplomate in Acupuncture by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) November of 2013.
- This includes certification in Clean Needle Technique.
- Amanda’s training includes adjunctive therapies such as moxibustion, dietary and lifestyle recommendations.
- This provider complies with the rules and regulations promulgated by the Colorado Department of Health, including the proper cleaning, sterilization, sanitation of acupuncture offices.
- Only single-use, disposable, factory-sterilized needles are utilized.
- Amanda has also held national certification as a pharmacy technician by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) since July of 1999.
- All of these certifications are in good standing and have never been suspended or revoked.
Discounted Private Pay Schedule:
- The following fee schedule listed is reflective of Pokey Practice Acupuncture's discounted private pay rates.
- The rates are discounted from the local area usual and customary rates.
- To recieve the private pay rates with Pokey Practice Acupuncture, fees are rendered at time of services provided.
Private Pay Pricing:
$25 ~ $140 /Acupuncture Treatment Paid At Time of Service
Please see Acupuncture Private Pay Treatment Pricing for full fee schedule and sliding scale:
- $140 for 2 hour new patient acupuncture appointments and extended energy clearings.
- $110 for 1 and a half hours not-so-maintenance follow up acupuncture treatments.
- $90 for 1 hour and 15 minutes fertility, weight loss and orthopedic acupuncture treatments
- $120 for 1 hour 15 minutes cosmetic and head trauma acupuncture treatments.
- $25 for 15 minute drop in acupuncture treatment session.
- $80 for 1 hour follow up acupuncture treatments.
- $40 for one half hour pediatric needle or needless follow up acupuncture treatment.
As A Patient You Have Rights.
- The patient is entitled to receive information about the methods of therapy, the techniques used, and the duration of therapy, if known.
- The patient may seek a second opinion from another healthcare professional or may terminate therapy at any time.
- In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is never appropriate and should be reported to the Director of the Division of Registrations in the Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- Pokey Practice Acupuncture, LLC is HIPAA compliant (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability). A copy of HIPAA guidelines is available on request.
- The practice of acupuncture is regulated by the Director of Registrations, Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- If you have comments, questions, or complaints, contact the Acupuncturists Registration Office, 15560 Broadway, Suite 1350, Denver, Colorado 80202. Telephone (303) 894-2440.