Acupuncture In Pallative Care
- Classical Five-Element Acupuncture is known for treating the body, mind and the spirit of an individual.
- It helps to bring balance on all levels, as well as grounding individuals to the planet and reinforcing their connection to source.
- It is our clinic's view that when an individual's spirit is treated, the symptoms being presented in hospice or end of life situations lessen and our loved ones are more at ease, as well as in less pain physically and emotionally.
- This may help to allow for a more peaceful, connected transition for the individual- as well as their loved ones present and involved in the process.
In addition to connection, grounding and clearing of emotional and energetic baggage not serving ones highest good, acupuncture has also been proven to be an effective treatment and/or have a therapeutic effect for some of the most commonly cited complaints in palliative care, such as:
- Shortness of breath
- One of our main goals is that our patients be as pain free as possible with as much mobility as possible- body, mind and spirit.
- The more we are able to control pain with acupuncture, may allow for less pain being needing to be managed with controlled or schedule medications.
- It has been our experience that the cognitive control the patient has is inversely proportionate to their level of anxiety
- It has also been our experience that even though controlled medications are usually necessary, cognitive ability is diminished with most medications used to alleviate pain.
- In palliative care scenarios we usually travel to the patient two-three times a week as necessary for pain, bodily function and congnetive control.
- We offer a free 30 minute consultation to see if you or your loved one is a good candidate to receive acupuncture.
- Consultations in cases of palliative care are usually discussed via phone or we travel to the patient when appropriate.
- We accept most major health insurance providers, but require that you verify your acupuncture benifits and coverage before we bill.
- For more information on the cost of private pay acupuncture treatments, please see Treatment Pricing.