Proven Health Benefits Of Acupuncture
Best Research Evidence Of Acupuncture Documented & Published By The World Health Organization.
The studies and science behind acupuncture | Evidence based acupuncture results.
Therapeutic and effective treatment of illness and disease through acupuncture.
Diseases and disorders that may benefit from acupuncture treatment.
Acupuncture treats people not conditions. We specialize in helping people heal themselves by facilitating the restoration of balance to the body, mind and spirit.We do however live in a world of diagnosis and double-blind studies.Below are some diseases and disorders that may benefit and be treated effectively with acupuncture according to the WHO. The subsequent dysfunctions have been broken into two categories. The first, those that have been proven through controlled trials. The second group showing a therapeutic effect, but needing further proof.
Diseases, symptoms or conditions for which benefits from acupuncture has been proven
through controlled trials-to be an effective treatment:
- pain from: rheumatoid arthritis, post-operative, facial, neck, knee, shoulder, lower back, sciatica, sprain, tennis elbow, TMJ and in dentistry
- radiation and chemotherapy adverse reactions
- nausea, vomiting and dysentery
- allergies and hay fever
- gallstone and kidney stone obstruction
- peptic ulcer, acute and chronic gastritis, and gastrospasm
- dysmenorrhoea, morning sickness, fetus malposition correction and induction of labor
- blood pressure- high and low
- low white blood cell count
Diseases, symptoms or conditions for which the therapeutic effect of acupuncture
benefits has been shown, but for which further proof is needed:
- pain from: gout, osteoarthritis, abdominal, cancer, labor, spine, throat, hands and feet from Berger's Disease, Tietze Syndrome-chest pain from rib cartridge and cardiac neurosis
- surgical recovery, pain from endoscopy, eye pain due to subconjunctival injection
- fibromyalgia, fascitis, reflex sympathetic dystrophy and neuralgia
- body feeling and function changes due to disease
- acne, itching and neurodermatitis
- shingles, chickenpox and Hepatitis B
- Whooping Cough, asthma, tonsillitis, narrow airway in children, TMJ and stiff neck
- insomnia, stress and Raynaud Syndrome
- Schizophrenia and vascular dementia
- substance dependency- tobacco, alcohol, opium, cocaine and heroin
- traumatic brain injury and closed head injury
- salivation-excess and lack, Sjögren Syndrome, dry mouth and eyes
- Bell’s Palsy, facial spasms and Tourette Syndrome
- Ménière Disease and ear ache
- Type II diabetes and obesity
- Hantavirus (Epidemic haemorrhagic fever)
- female infertility, insufficient lactation, urethral syndrome, PMS, hypo-ovarianism and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- male sexual dysfunction, prostate inflammation, and male pelvic pain
- gallstones, gallbladder inflammation, urinary stones, recurrent lower urinary-tract infections and urine retention
- ulcerative colitis